This simple guide will show you exactly how to install Popcorn Time on Firestick or Fire TV. This method will also work for installing Popcorn Time on any other Android TV Box. Popcorn Time is an Android app that can be easily side-loaded onto your Firestick.
Popcorn Time is a great app that provides you access to a plethora of different video content including, but not limited to movies and TV shows.
As already mentioned, Popcorn Time uses torrent technology to stream or download videos on your Firestick or Fire TV device. Unlike other streaming apps out there like Cinema HD or Mobdro, you publicly broadcast your IP address when streaming/downloading via Popcorn Time.
For these reasons, we highly recommend that you install a secure VPN when using Popcorn Time on your Firestick. Otherwise, you might get into trouble with your ISP or worse, the Government.
If you use a secure VPN like NordVPN, your online identity (IP address) will be protected, and you will be assigned a random IP address which enables you to use this app anonymously. NordVPN costs only $2.99/month, which is worth each buck.
Install Popcorn Time APK on Firestick
First of all, you need to enable unknown sources on your Firestick/Fire TV. Here’s how to do it.
Enable Unknown Sources on Firestick and Fire TV
1. From Firestick’s Main Menu hover over Settings.
2. Now select Device (or My Fire TV).
3. Click on Developer Options
4. Inside the Developer Options, turn ON Apps from Unknown Sources
5. Hit Turn On when a box pops-up.
You have now successfully enabled Apps from Unknown Sources on your Firestick. It’s time to install the Downloader app on your Firestick.
Install Downloader app on Firestick or Fire TV
1. From the home screen, select the Search icon (top-left).
2. Type Downloader
3. Select the Downloader app from the results.
4. Click Download on the app’s page.
5. After the download completes, click Open.
6. If Downloader asks for permission, click Allow.
7. Hit OK to get rid of the update notes.
Now, You are at the Downloader app’s home screen. It’s time to install Popcorn Time on Firestick.
Install Popcorn Time on Firestick/Fire TV
1. Click the URL box on the right.
2. In the URL bar,
type the following URL: https://www.juststream.io/ptime and hit Go
(Note: We don’t host any apps. The above URL only redirects to the official Popcorn Time website.)
3. Wait for Popcorn Time to download on Firestick.
4. After the download is finished, click Install.
5. Open Popcorn Time.
6. Click Allow, if Popcorn Time asks for permission.
7. To get rid of any pop-up messages inside the Popcorn Time app, click the back button on your remote.
8. Congratulations, you have successfully installed Popcorn Time on your Firestick. Enjoy!
Is Popcorn Time on Firestick Safe?
Yes, it’s entirely safe for use as long as you download the app from the official website. If you want to know more about the safety of this app, then check out our complete breakdown.
If you want to remain safe and protected when using apps like Popcorn Time then we suggest that you always use a VPN. A VPN protects your online identity and keeps you safe from all types of snooping. Without a VPN, you risk exposing your real IP address and identity to everyone.
Hopefully, now you have successfully installed Popcorn Time APK on Firestick or your Fire TV device. If you run into any problems or have any questions, then feel free to ask in the comment section below.
Dilawar Hussain is a tech-enthusiast, hardcore gamer, and also a certified digital marketer with a serious knack for writing. When he’s not writing for one of his own publications or clients, he’s most likely helping out other freelance writers or wooing potential clients. You can visit him at https://dilawar.me.