Mobdro is one of the best apps for Android devices that lets you cut the cord without any problems. This app lets you stream your favorite shows, live TV, live sports, and movies with just a tap. If you want to see how Mobdro helps you out in cutting the cord then keep on reading. Below is a simple method that will let you install Mobdro on Roku within a few minutes.
What is Roku?
Roku is the name of a device (number of devices) manufactured by the company of the same name. It streams media like TV shows, movies, sports, etc. via the Internet directly to your TV. Roku devices often require very little setup and easily connect to the internet. All Roku media streaming devices come with a built-in OS that lets the users manage and access the streaming content.
There are three different types of Roku devices out there in the market:
Roku Box – This is a set-top box that connects to the internet via Ethernet (LAN) or Wifi connection. It can connect directly to your TV or Home theatre via HDMI cable (pretty similar to a Blu-Ray player or a Console).
Roku Streaming Stick – This is a compact little device similar to a USB flash drive that plugs right into HDMI port of your TV instead of a USB-port. The streaming stick connects to the internet via Wifi.
Roku TV – This is an all-in-one solution that does not require you to connect any box or stick to your TV. Roku TV is a unique TV that comes equipped with the Roku operating system. The TV connects to the internet via Ethernet or Wifi. Popular brands that offer Roku TVs are Hisense, Insignia, Hitachi, Sharp, and TCL. Roku TVs also come in different sizes and different resolutions like 720, 1080, 2K, and 4K.
Mobdro on Roku Features
- Here are some of the features of Mobdro that suit Roku.
- Mobro comes equipped with a sleep timer that helps your device not to drain your entire battery when left inactive for a while.
- Mobdro also allows you to save video for future viewing.
- If you update to Mobdro Premium, you can watch your favorite content with any ads at all.
- Live TV, Live sports, and much more can be watched through Mobdro.
Can I Cast Mobdro to Roku?
Yes, you can easily cast the Mobdro app to your Roku device. It’s a very simple procedure that you need to follow and your Android device will be able to cast the Mobdro app to your Roku. We have explained the entire procedure below, so you can check it out and see how Mobdro works on Roku.
How to install Mobdro on Roku? (Roku Box, Roku Stick, Roku TV)
- First of all download the Mobdro APK file on your Android phone.
- Connect your Roku device to your TV and connect it to the internet.
- After turning on Roku, go to the Settings menu on the device.
- In the settings menu, there is a “Screen Mirror”, feature, turn it on.
- On your Android phone, go to the Navigation Panel and tap “Cast”.
- Now, pair your Android phone with your Roku device to cast the screen. Make sure both devices are connected to the same internet connection.
- Once done successfully, your Android phone screen will be cast to the Roku device.
- Now, you can use the Mobdro app on your Roku device through Screen Mirroring. Any video you play on your phone will show up on your Roku device without any hassle.
Roku Alternate Devices for Mobdro
Mobdro is an amazing streaming medium. This easy to use software can easily be setup on different devices which you might already own in your house. Following are some of the alternate devices to setup Mobdro.
Martin is a seasoned writer, who loves watching movies, TV shows and is definitely into tech news and reviews.